Upcoming Events & Calendar
COMFORT FOUNDATION SUMMER READING CLUB (CFSRC)
The Comfort Foundation Summer Reading Club (CFSRC) was developed to engage students’ entering third grade through high school in reading activities. The goal is to encourage students to be intellectually active in a positive way to prevent engaging in repugnant thoughts and acts during summer holiday. As students engage competitively in reading activities, they are more likely to stay out of trouble. This is in alignment with the CF vision, mission, goal 3 of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), that focuses on promoting healthy lives and well-being for all at all ages (United nation, 2015), and objective 3 of Comprehensive mental health action plan 2013–2020 which focuses on implementing promotion and prevention of mental health (World Health Organization, 2013). Engaged minds are more likely to positively impact the individual and community well-being.
Participation in CFSRC is voluntary. The project is open to all students third grade through high school.
Parent or legal guardian must sign an intent to apply prior to participation for any child below 18 years.
World Health Organization (WHO), (2013). Comprehensive mental health action plan 2013–2020.Retrieved from http://apps.who.int/gb/ebwha/pdf_files/WHA66/A66_R8-en.pdf?ua=1
Comfort Foundation Inaugural Dinner and Benefit Fundraiser https://www.eventbrite.com/e/comfort-foundation-inaugural-dinner-and-benefit-fundraiser-tickets-35978465559?ref=estw
Thank you for your interest in the Comfort Foundation Summer Reading Club (CFSRC)! Please review the information below prior to completing any forms.
- Student must be entering third grade up to twelfth grade, and residing within USA.
- Any book allowed within the age of the student.
- Each entry on submission of reading log, and book of choice summary at the end of the period will be assigned CFSRC ID number. Entries will be judged by CFSRC ID number and not by name.
- The effective date June 19th, 2017 to August 4th, 2017.
- All entries must be submitted on or before August 4th, 2017.
- Parent must sign letter of intent for the students to participate if student is below 18 years Signed letter of intent is to be emailed to email@example.com
- The intent to apply form can be downloaded from the website www.comfortfoundations.org or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please upload all reading log to email@example.com with your full name, address, phone number and issued ID number.
Where possible, participants are encouraged to attend ‘A Day in the Library with Comfort Foundation’ at their local library if this is available. Participants who do attend will have the privilege of being recognized. ‘A Day in the Library with Comfort Foundation’ is an hour session of discussion on self-improvement topics such as self-control, self-esteem, sibling rivalry, and bullying among others, that will be held in August 5th, 2017. There will be light refreshment during the meeting in August. Participant’s parent will be responsible for dropping and picking their children on the meeting day, and are welcome to join the discussion
WINNERS AND AWARDS
- The participants will be divided into three groups: High school group, Middle school group, and Elementary school group.
- High school Group: Participants must read at least two hours and above a day.
- Middle School Group: Participants must read at least one hour and above a day.
- Elementary School Group: Participants must read at least 30 mins and above a day.
- The first three highest reader in each group will receive award.
- The highest reader on each of the three group will receive complementary Comfort Foundation Inaugural Dinner and Benefit Fundraiser entrance with parent or guardian full purchase of dinner ticket. These participants will also have 5 minutes presentation at the inaugural dinner party and receive their award during this event.
For any other questions please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or email@example.com with the subject line CFSRC and someone from Comfort Foundation will contact you within 24 to 48 hours.
The 2017 CFSRC is open. Please complete the Intent to Apply and download reading log below if you wish your children to participate in the program.