Upcoming Events & Calendar
COMFORT FOUNDATION SUMMER READING CLUB (CFSRC)
The Comfort Foundation Summer Reading Club (CFSRC) was developed to engage children entering third grade through high school in reading activities. The goal is to encourage children to be intellectually active in a positive way to prevent engaging in repugnant thoughts and acts during the summer holiday. As children participate competitively in reading activities, they are more likely to stay out of trouble. CFSRC is in alignment with the CF vision, mission, goal 3 of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).The SDGs goal 3 focuses on promoting healthy lives and well-being for all at all ages (United nation, 2015). CFSRC also promote the objective 3 of Comprehensive mental health action plan 2013–2020 that focuses on promotion and prevention of mental health (World Health Organization, 2013). Engaged minds are more likely to positively impact the individual and community well-being.
Participation in CFSRC is voluntary. The project is open to all students third grade through high school.
Parent or legal guardian must sign an intent to apply prior to participation for any child below 18 years.
World Health Organization (WHO), (2013). Comprehensive mental health action plan 2013–2020.Retrieved from http://apps.who.int/gb/ebwha/pdf_files/WHA66/A66_R8-en.pdf?ua=1
Comfort Foundation Inaugural Dinner and Benefit Fundraiser https://www.eventbrite.com/e/comfort-foundation-inaugural-dinner-and-benefit-fundraiser-tickets-35978465559?ref=estw
Thank you for your interest in the Comfort Foundation Summer Reading Club (CFSRC)! Please review the information before completing the forms.
Comfort Foundation is a coalition of professionals providing specialized services focused on suicide and mental health awareness, prevention, and intervention to communities, and individuals. Our vision is to empower all individuals and families in the prevention of suicide and promotion of mental health
- The child must be entering third grade up to twelfth grade, and residing in the USA.
- Any book allowed within the age of the child.
- Each participant will be assigned a unique CFSRC ID number. Entries will be judged by CFSRC ID number and not by name.
- The effective date is June 18th, 2018 to August 3rd, 2018.
- All entries must be submitted on or before August 3rd, 2018.
- Parent or guardian must sign the letter of intent for children below 18 years to participate firstname.lastname@example.org
- The intent to apply form can be completed or downloaded from the website www.comfortfoundations.org or by emailing email@example.com
- Please upload all reading log to firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, address, phone number and issued ID number.
Where possible, participants are encouraged to attend ‘A Day in the Library with Comfort Foundation on August 4th, 2018’at Meadows Conference Center.2900 Live Oak Street Dallas, TX 75204. Participants who do attend will have the privilege of being recognized. A Day in the Library with Comfort Foundation’ is an hour session of discussion on self-improvement topics such as self-control, self-esteem,sibling rivalry, and bullying among others.There will be light refreshment during the meeting. Participant’s parent will be responsible for dropping and picking their children on the meeting day and are welcome to join the discussion.
Winners and Award
- The participants will be divided into three groups: High school group, Middle school group, and Elementary school group.
- High school Group: Participants are required to read at least two hours and above a day.
- Middle School Group: Participants are required to read at least one hour and above a day.
- Elementary School Group: Participants are required to read at least 30 mins and above a day.
- The first three highest reader in each group will receive an award.
- The first three highest readers in each of the three group will receive $75 (first place), $ 50 (Second Place), and $ 25 (third place) gift card for school supplies.
For any other questions please send an email to email@example.com with the subject line CFSRC and someone from Comfort Foundation will contact you within 24 to 48 hours.
The 2018 CFSRC is open. Please complete the Intent to Apply and download reading log below if you wish your children to participate in the program.